Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Painted leaves

This image looked to me like a B/W or grayscale photo that had been colored. Indeed, this is exactly what the wall looked like with vermilion leaves climbing up the gray wall. The image has only been brightened a bit, no other manipulation.

I made this photo after I collected a handful of gorgeous leaves in my left hand, and shot the photo one-handed with the camera in my right hand. I like the results of the depth and shadows. I'd like to try this again, but with my new macro lens and a tripod. Marcia




2 comments:

Carolyn said...

this is wonderful Marcia! I love the idea the leaves leave the foto.

Marilyn said...

I haven't yet figured out how to upload 3 images and write comments under each but I see that it's possible!

Love the colors and simplicity of both images. Carolyn's right, the images fill the photos.