Friday, April 13, 2012

Kildeer Chick Update

I'm reluctant to check too often... although the nest is not far from an oft-used sidewalk!  I used my 300mm lens (handheld) and stayed behind a tree, and this is really cropped.  Today there are only 2 of the original 5 eggs left in the nest (in the center of the photo) and when I zoomed in on this I noticed the little fur-ball chick on the right.  Mom and Dad were close by but I didn't see any other chicks (2 missing maybe) in the few shots I took.  I'll keep cautiously checking.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

thank you for the update! spring brings promise of good things to come!

Michele Burton said...

Now that they have begun to hatch, they will move quickly away from the nest site. They could be 100 feet away very soon.

Good spotting on the chick!

Marilyn said...

Sweet!