Sunday, November 07, 2010

Dunlin Birds







The Dunlin is highly gregarious in winter sometimes forming large flocks on coastal mudflats or sandy beaches. Large numbers can often be seen swirling in synchronized flights on their stop-overs during migration or on their winter habitat.
I happened across these birds in a flooded farmers field on the Bow-Edison Road. There were 1,000's of them. Their chirping was awesome and seeing them in synchronized flight was awesome. There was no way to really capture it. I wish you all could have been there!

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Very nice! I like the "birds in flight" shot the most. Their coordinated flight patterns are lovely.

The simplicity of the background keeps the focus on the birds.

I wish I'd been there, too!

Marcia said...

These are wonderful... but the experience sounds even more amazing! Thanks! Marcia

CaitlinAnn said...

the photo of the birds in flight is awesome! But my favorite is the zoomed in so you can really see the detail of the birds. very cool and great adventure! :)

Carolyn said...

amazing shots! thanks for sharing