Friday, August 07, 2009

Montlake Burn







A fire on July 29 burned tall grass meadows, several Hawthorns and a pine. The path provided a fire break. The fire department arrived quickly before it consumed the rest of the dry Union Bay Natural Area on Lake Washington, a wonderful birding spot. Ground-nesting birds had already fledged.

Don't know if I'll use these photos for my summer project but a strained back kept me from shooting much this month. The burn was interesting. I'll go back to see it under different lighting conditions.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

there is both beauty and sadness here. thank you for such excellent fotos! take care.. cheers!

Michele Burton said...

Marilyn, I like the way you have included different textures, segments and hues in your images. They tell a well done story when knitted together.