Friday, August 07, 2009

In the Pink!





After a long dark winter, I decided to redo my office in colors inspired by my trip to San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. My office is located in a little 1920's cottage attached to our house. Originally, I had glazed the walls and hung Indian fabric from the ceiling which made for a cozy and warm space. This summer, I was ready for a more vibrant look and feeling. I also decided to enlarge and frame some of my photos from the trip. My space feels light and bright and fun. Now, even on the coldest days of winter, I can take a little trip to a sunny climate just by stepping into my Chinese Orange and Poppy colored room! While this is not my summer photo project it should count as one since my little home improvement project took waaaayyyyy longer than I'd anticipated!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

I love the colors, the warmth of the space! thanks for sharing your great summer project #xxx! I think you will enjoy these colors come the dark days of winter!!! all my rooms are painted with vivid colors, except the master bedroom. the vivid colors bring much warmth and energy on the dark days of winter! here's to color ... on walls, in fotos! cheers!

Marilyn said...

Rich, wonderful color. I had Carolyn's thought, this will be welcoming and warm next winter and energizing now.

Michele Burton said...

I like the deep, rich tones you have chosen for the room. Isn't it interesting how a "light" color, such as pink, can have such deep tonality and beautiful richness. Enjoy the space.