Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Orcas Island, first weekend in February

This lab mix ran the complete 100k and was ready for more when she finished.  I find black dogs hard to photograph as the color does not always transfer to the camera well and facial expressions are harder to catch.  This dog was so kind faced and well behaved so it was easy to take a few extra moments in photographing her.  I think that the overcast day helped with capturing the texture of her fur and with her facial expressions.

After everyone was finished, the food was eaten (I was the cook for 350 people), and it was getting dark outside, a local bluegrass band from Olympia played for us.  I loved the hat on this performer and the joyful way that she has about presenting her music to us.
This is a shot from the Shaw Island Ferry Terminal as we were waiting to load cars.  I love the moss everywhere.  This was a shot that I took with the idea of dividing a photo into threes in my mind.  



2 comments:

Beth said...

The three layers are good. I like the different color intensity and depth of field. Certainly reminds us to keep these layers in mind when shooting a "landscape" such as this.

Marilyn said...

Nice set: portraits that capture feeling and scenic beauty.