Friday, December 05, 2008

Summer Project completed!

Spring, summer, fall and winter - cover art

January - hoodoos in Bryce. The white rock almost looks like snow.

February - Mt. Baker Wilderness area



March - Bryce Canyon


April - Mt. Rainier as seen in Reflection Lake

May - Altar of Sacrifice, Zion National Park

June -The quintessential photo of Mt. Rainier

July - sunset at North Rim, Grand Canyon

August - Lake Crescent, Olympic National Park

September - sunrise at Grand Canyon

October - In the clouds at Hurricane Ridge

November - moon over North Cascades National Park

December - Sunset at Kolob Canyon

This is my 2009 calendar. I was particularly proud of my cover this year. I used the new Picasa to do the collage of the 4 seasons. (Actually, the spring photo was taken in October in Zion, but the colors look very spring-like, so I used a little artistic license to call it "spring.") So far I have gotten lots of nice compliments on the calendars, and I've actually sold the 15 extra I ordered. I may actually order some more, if there is enough interest, and sell them, too! Thanks, Michele, for having us do the summer project!!










3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Very nice! My favorite would be the Hoodoos in Bryce Canyon. Good color and composition on all of them. I love some of the light you have captured.

Marilyn said...

Your use of dynamic angles give strength to your mountains & rock photos: particularly the zigzag of Bryce shadows, the leading line of the Altar of Sacrifice--but there are triangles in almost every shot.

You've created layers, which add interest & depth, with clouds (Hurricane Ridge), sunlight & shadow (March Bryce Canyon, Sunset Kolab Canyon), haze (North rim), foreground (September sunrise, April Reflection Lake). This optical inversion of Mt. Rainier at Reflection Lake is very nice. I also especially like the yellow-tipped tree and massive red walls at Kolab Canyon.

All of them are capture the awe & wonder of our national parks--I envy your summer travels!

Beth said...

Wow, that was a summer wellspent. How beautiful and stunning. No wonder people love your calendars. Great color and light. Congrats!!!