Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Snow Days, December 2008


I have been trying the capture the changing landscape created by the snow and ice each day.  Since I'm somewhat housebound, I've been finding my photographs close to home.

Maple tree in my backyard.  With the sky so dramatic as a new storm came in, I decided to go with black and white and play around with contrast.
Icicle hanging off my back deck.  Reminds me of a hand.  Droplets are easier to photograph when the water is just above freezing.  Photo taken with my macro lens.

 Terracota planter in sepia.  More fun with contrast.

 fluffed up chickadee in my old cherry tree near the bird feeder.  Macro lens used as a telephoto. 


2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Nice set of photos from closeup to scenic. I like your use of b&w and sepia.

Carolyn said...

I really like the wide topic of snow fotos!