Thursday, July 03, 2014

"Work Vacation"

Between three photo sessions (engagement, rehearsal, and Wedding) and working on our cabin in the woods (took out log siding and replaced with new cedar siding), my uncle wanted to do some workshop type photography lessons with me. SO we woke up at 3am Seattle time and headed out for the sunrise. We missed a lot of color due to the heavy rains the day before; but the rolling fog in the valleys made for some really dynamic photos!

I haven't been able to touch many, but this was an instant favorite for me:


5 comments:

Beth said...

This is stunning. I love the layers. The b and w really works. I would be thrilled to take something like this. Good work. Please don't tell me it was taken from your car. :-)

CaitlinAnn said...

haha no, not taken from the car. I actually used a tripod! (i nearly never use those...) though we did have to keep getting IN to the car and driving OUT of the fog! It came in rolls very very quickly! almost as soon as we'd think of a new location, we'd be sucked in to fog before we got one or two shots

Carolyn said...

Excellent!!!

Just wondering...why you decided on b/w for morning pic???

Keep up the excellent work!!!

CaitlinAnn said...

Thanks Carolyn! The image was too blue in my eyes. this was taken pre-sunrise and i didn't like how the color seemed to distract from the lines and flow that the clouds were creating. I wanted the image to be about the fog and the lone headframe and the color seemed to distract it.

Marilyn said...

Love the soft clouds, the sharp, hard structures and your composition. Really a stunning image!