Sunday, November 15, 2009

My circle of family

We had our family reunion this weekend with 6 aunts and uncles in their 80's and 90's from my mother's generation of 12 plus 15 cousins, their spouses and partners from my generation of 26 in our 50's to 70's. We filled 8 tables of four. We chatted, laughed and shared stories from 5 generations: our grandparents, parents, us, our children and grandchildren.







I went home with a set of letters from my grandmother to her mother-in-law written in 1905 and a promise to share photos from this reunion.



3 comments:

Jeanne said...

What a lovely time! Everyone looks so happy and I can't imagine the feeling of being connected to letters written by the hand of your Grandmother over 100 years ago! What a treasure both events would be.

Carolyn said...

I totally echo Jeanne! what a grand circle of time!

cheers!

Marcia said...

Great joy in these photos! They are delightful!