Monday, July 06, 2009

OREGON WINE COUNTRY

Part of the vineyard with the Italian style home in the background.
Jon Armstrong the creative force behind the Purple Cow wine.

Picture below left is Sophi with their two kittens and below right is the Purple Cow label.






The grapes are setting on the vine seen here basking in the sunshine.




Here goes, the beginning of my summer project. The subject is "WINE". I plan to spend some more time talking to people and understanding the subject before I clearly define my project. There is no limit to the broadness the subject presents. So far, my favorite part is the people. It is like any other art that is worked with passion. We visited a small winery in Forest Grove, OR on our way to Lincoln City over the 4th of July. The owners found me taking pictures at the bottom of their road when they were returning from town and even though they are not open on weekdays they invited Garry and I to their home. When we left we felt like we had spent an hour with family. The picture of the little girl with the two kittens is their daughter. The Italian looking mansion above the fields belonged to their parents and they live in a smaller home on the vineyard. Yes, we did bring home a bottle of the 2007 Pinot Noir for a special dinner at some point in the future.

No comments: