Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Bumblebee in Dahlia


Dahlias are not my favorite flower to photograph. They are just to uniform and so I always look for something extra when I photograph them. My sister-in-law has beautiful dahlias and lots of bees in her garden. I had fun a couple of weekends ago just watching them hard at work collecting pollen and in some cases getting so heavy with the pollen that they had trouble flying. This little guy was really stuck in the petals and I'm not sure if he ever got out but he was a very hardworking bee.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I like the strong curves, the depth of field, again the vibrant yellow and the bee that grounds us--tells us what's happening.
This is a sensuous photo, I think, that will remind us of summer when the winter rains are here.